This week I’ve been live on radio in St. Louis, and this Sunday night I’ll be with my friend Alan Handelman on “Rock Talk.” If you have broadband you can listen in at www.ifitrocks.com
Now for the “Hellhounds” give away! I have several questions that will take you through a rock and roll scavenger hunt. The winner of the book will be the one who answers each question correctly and gets the answers to me first. The next two winning entrys will get a first edition copy of “The Walrus Was Paul” (Dowling Press Edition)another rare title. Let’s begin:
1. Where did I get the title “Hellhounds on Their Trail?”
2. Who sold Ricky Nelson the tragic plane that took his life?
3. Whose wallet was found at the site of the Buddy Holly plane crash suggesting that he was killed along with Holly, Valens, and the Big Bopper?
4. What country song was written by the Big Bopper that included he and George Jones singing backup?
5. What was the name of the occult bookstore Jimmy Page owned that specialized in the selling of Crowley manuscripts?
6. Which man allegedly gave a death bed confession claiming that he killed Brian Jones?
7. What do Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin and Brain Jones all ahev in common? (besides simply being dead rock stars!)
8. Which band has a “hot seat” for keyboard players?
9. What was the meaning behind the Allman Brothers’ Band LP “Eat a Peach?”
10. Who was the subject behind Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “That Smell?”
11. What is the address of the Dakota in New York and which hospital was John Lennon pronounced dead–give the address of the hospital as well.
12. Who was the bassist in Hole that died shortly after Kurt Cobain in Seattle whose death also conatined several mysterious circumstances?
13. What song had the first ever backward vocal track?
14. Which band was rumored to have made a pact with the devil in the 1960s?
15. Name two aliases associated the mysterious PAul McCartney lookalike in 1969.
Good luck and the first email with all correct answers wins! If no one gets all the answers correct the book will be awarded to the individual who gets the most correct answers. Have fun and rock on!